General Surgery is a surgical specialty that focuses on abdominal contents including esophagus, stomach, small bowel, colon, liver, pancreas, gallbladder and bile ducts, and often the thyroid gland (depending on local reference patterns).
It is a discipline that requires knowledge of and familiarity with a broad spectrum of diseases that may require surgical treatment.
The department is led by the Chief of Surgery, with other surgeons who are competent in diagnosing and treating a wide spectrum of diseases.
Our surgeons are competent in the following areas:
- Minimal Access Surgery
- Alimentary Tract (including Bariatric Surgery)
- Abdomen and its Contents
- Breast, Skin and Soft Tissue
- Endocrine System
- Solid Organ Transplantation
- Paediatric Surgery
- Surgical Critical Care
- Surgical Oncology (including Head and Neck Surgery)
- Trauma/Burns and Emergency Surgery
- Vascular Surgery