Egbagbara Felicia is a Registered Nurse/Midwife and an Orthopaedic Nurse. She holds a post graduate diploma in Hospital Management and a Masters degree in Public Personnel Management.
Egbagbara Felicia joined Lagoon Hospitals in June, 1994 as a staff nurse midwife and rose through the nursing hierarchy having worked in most of the nursing units. She was the pioneer head nurse in Lagoon hospital Ikeja, Lagoon Clinic Victoria Island and the Emergency Room, Lagoon Hospital, Apapa.
Due to her passion for quality and patient safety, she was moved to the quality unit where she functioned in different capacities, first as the nurse lead during the 2011 where the work she did culminated in the Lagoon hospitals being the first hospital to achieve the Joint Commission International accreditation, the first in sub-Saharan Africa in 2011 and subsequent reaccreditation in 2016.
Felicia Egbagbara has had numerous training in the following areas;
- Leadership and Management in health – University of Washington
- IHI Quality improvement practicum- Institute of health improvement
- Contraceptive technology for Physicians and Midwives – USAID
- JCI Practicum – Joint Commission International, Chicago, USA
- HSE Development training, Levels 2 & 3 – Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals
- Best practices of Peripheral Vascular Access, in-service training – BD India Pvt. Ltd
- Critical care nursing Workshop /training– Apollo Hospital Education & Research
- Intensive care nursing and the critically ill patient – National Orthopedic Hospital Igbobi
- Strategies for service excellence, Lagos Business school
She is a member, Society for Quality in Healthcare in Nigeria and the Nigerian Institute of Governance and Management, Nigeria